How To Reset Windows XP Password?
In Windows XP, you have the option to create user accounts and protect them with a password. This is the easiest way to prevent unauthorized access to your PC by an intruder. Nevertheless, if you forget the user account password, things can turn out quite unpleasant. Well, if you have forgotten your Windows XP user account password, here are some simple solutions to retrieve/recover the password. For real-time assistance, you can contact the Windows Live chat support desk.
Recovering Windows XP password using password reset disk
This is the easiest method for recovering the Windows XP password. But be reminded that you should have created a password reset disk in advance in order to recover the password this way. If you haven’t created a password reset disk, you may skip to the next solution.
- Insert the password reset disk in the disk drive of your PC and restart the computer. You will be prompted now to enter the password. Simply select the username and hit the Enter You will now be welcomed with an option that says Use your password reset disk. Select it to proceed.
- Windows will initiate the password recovery wizard. When prompted to enter the new password, type a new password in the given field. Confirm the password by retyping it. After that, save the password and reboot your computer.
- Login to your PC as an administrator. Remember that you will have to type your new password to log in.
Resetting the password through safe mode
In the opinion of experts at Windows live chat support desk, XP users can easily reset their administrator passwords via safe mode. Follow the below instructions for the same.
The built-in administrator account in Windows Helpline can be accessed without the password. For that, you will need to restart your computer in safe mode and then work out the following steps.
- Restart the PC in safe mode. For that, keep pressing Ctrl + F8 key combination on your keyboard. When the BIOS screen appears, choose the safe mode option to proceed.
- When the login screen appears with the administrator login option, select it and click OK to continue. You don’t need to type anything in the password field.
- Go straight to the Control Panel and reset your password.
- Once done, restart the PC as normal.
This is how you can successfully reset your Windows XP password. So, create a password reset disk for your computer now if you don’t have one. This will help you reset the password rather than simply.