Instructions To Use Hotmail In KMail
Users of the Hotmail email service from Microsoft know that the Post Office Protocol, generally used as POP, allows the users to download emails from the email server. After downloading these messages to your computer or mobile device, the user will be able to read them anytime. The email server will be owned by your Internet Service Provider or ISP. Users of the service also have the option to send and receive email messages making use of the Windows Live Mail or Hotmail accounts in KMail. This can be achieved by configuring the KMail service to use POP. The Windows Live help tips that are shared below will help you to configure KMail service in Hotmail.
Instructions To Receive Email Messages
- Select the Settings button that is located at the top menu bar. Choose Configure KMail from the drop-down menu that appears to reach the Configure – Kmail dialog box.
- Choose Accounts from the left pane and then click on the Receiving tab. You can then click on the Add button that is located on the right side.
- Scroll down the list and then click on the POP3 Email Server to open Account Type: POP Account dialog box.
- Select the General tab and then type in Hotmail or any other name that you wish to call your account in the Account Name box. Type in pop3.live.com in the Incoming mail server tab and type in your Hotmail Username in the Username box. Now you will need to type in the password into the Password box.
- Select the box that is placed near to Enable interval mail checking if you wish the KMail program to check your Hotmail account a Hotmail account for new email messages.
- Select the Advanced tab and then scroll down to the Connection Settings area. Click on the button located near to SSL/TLS if you need Encryption. Make sure that the box near to Port is marked 995 and the one that is located near to Authentication is marked Clear Text. If you find that the values are different, add these values.
- Click on the OK button and you will return to the Configure KMail dialog box.
These are the simple steps to configure Hotmail in KMail without any issues. If you would like to know more on the steps that are discussed above, you can contact the Windows Live help and support team.