Method 1 – Basic Troubleshooters for fixing 0xc00000e9 error
First of all, check if all the devices are connected properly to the computer. If there are any loosely connected wires, make sure to connect them tightly. It includes all inside the CPU – hard disk or SDD, DVD writer, etc.
It’s because the error screen or message also comes due to boot BCD 0xc00000e9 error. It implies some issue(s) with the Boot File or Device. The next step is to check if all the hardware drivers are up-t0-date. After doing the needful, does it solve the 0xc00000e9 error code?
Method 2: Check if Registry or System Files are corrupted
System and Registry files are a crucial part of any operating system. If they get corrupted, it will lead to many types of issues. One of them is not properly booting up of Windows Support and causing 0xc00000e9 error. So, you need to check and be sure that there shouldn’t be any corruption.
For this purpose, you can download and use Total System Care from the URL – http://errorlive.com/TotalSystemCare
After installing, let it scan your PC. If found, allow it to fix the issue(s). Restart and check if the error code 0xc00000e9 has been resolved.
Method 3 – Run Disk Check
The disk check tool can be of real help to resolve error 0xc00000e9. It will look for any damaged sectors and then, attempt to fix them on the HDD. The tool will let you know by displaying if or not it has found any errors or damaged sectors on the hard disk.
Back up important documents and files and then, follow the steps.
- Insert the bootable OS installation disk
- Restart the PC and boot it from the inserted disk
- Select the desired language
- Click on Repair the computer
- Select the required OS to be repaired in case there is more than one operating system installed on the system
- Click and open command prompt available under System Recovery Options menu
- Once opened, type CHKDSK/f and hit the Enter button
After hitting the Enter, the disk check utility will start scanning the PC. It may take some time to finish. It is possible that you may lose some of your documents.
Once done, try rebooting the computer to check if it resolved the error or the issue/error 0xc00000e9 still persists.
Method 4 – Change BIOS Settings
The 0xc00000e9 error code may be resolved by simply changing the BIOS system settings. First of all, set the BIOS settings to default and then check whether it solved the problem.
- Restart the computer
- Press F2, DEL, or F10 key (whichever applies) until the BIOS settings page opens up.
- Click on Load Optimal Defaults
- Then, move to hard disk setting configuration present under the Advanced section. Choose it either AHCI or IDE
- Reboot the system after saving the applied settings.
You can try both – AHCI and IDE options to make yourself sure. If the first one doesn’t solve the error, try making it to the second one. Restart and check if 0xc00000e9 error still exists.
Method 5: Set your hard drive as the first boot device
At times, if your hard drive isn’t set as the primary boot device in the BIOS/UEFI settings, then it may cause the issue. Follow the steps to do it.
- Open BIOS settings.
- Go to the Boot options. The instructions should be present on the bottom or right side of the screen.
- In the Boot options, have a close look at the boot priority. If the hard drive isn’t the first boot device, then set it up using the navigation instructions.
- Save the settings and exit the BIOS by rebooting the device.
Restart and check if the problem 0xc00000e9 has been solved.
Method 6 – System Restore should fix error 0xc00000e9
If the above solutions don’t help you out. Then, you can try restoring your computer to an earlier date when it was working fine. For this method, we use the System Restore point. It may only work in case the computer gives you some time to act before displaying the error.
- Go to View Advanced Options
- Click on System Restore
- Select a past date when the computer used to work without issues.
- Click on the date.
Then, the process would automatically begin. Though System Restore doesn’t affect your personal documents or files, still it’s a good idea to back them up before starting the process. This should help you to resolve the error code 0xc00000e9.
Method 7 – Fresh Windows OS Installation
It turns out to be the last resort in case all the above solutions fail to provide you a working fix for 0xc00000e9. It will format the drive where the OS is currently installed. So, it good to have a back up of important files and folders.
After installing the OS, you will be required to install everything from scratch. It will definitely solve the 0xc00000e9 issue.
Here are some of the preventive measures to take care of your system from facing general issues. It includes running anti-virus and malware programs (Windows defender) from time to time, clearing junk files regularly, installing programs only from the trusted sites, etc.