When a gamer or Xbox user wants to create an Xbox Live account, he or she will also be asked to make a Windows Live ID by typing an email address and password. We are talking about the Windows Live ID that allows Xbox Live users for making it possible for accessing account settings on the official Xbox.com or the users will be able to recover their gamer tag for a brand new console. The thing is, with time, email and passwords created by users for Windows Live ID may be forgotten. The great thing is that now the world’s leading software maker provides gamers the wonderful capability to retrieve this quality information. Here are the Windows live technical support steps available:
First, you need to turn on your console and then log in to your Xbox Live.
After that, press the ‘Guide’ button on your controller to bring up the ‘Home’ menu.
- Then, you need to scroll to the ‘Settings’ tab of the pop-up menu.
- Then, you can choose ‘account management’ from the resulting list of settings options. The pop-up menu will close and you will see an account management screen that appears
- Thereafter, you need to choose ‘Windows Live ID’ from the resulting account Management menu.
- Then, you need to record your Windows Live ID email address available in the right-hand pane of the resulting menu.
- Then, you need to navigate to Xbox.com on your system, and after that select the sign-in link located in the top right corner. This will direct you to a page, where you can sign in to your Windows Live ID.
- Then, you need to click on the blue link ‘forgot your password’. This will direct you to a new page where you will be able to retrieve your Windows Live ID password.
- After that, you need to type in your email address into the corresponding text field, and then type the security characters into its corresponding field. Then, you can click on Continue.
- You can select either ‘reset your password through email’ or you can ‘answer your secret question’. When you reset the password through email, they will send a link to your email account for resetting your password. In the latter, it sends you to a page where you will be able to answer your secret question. When you answer the question correctly, it then reveals your password.
The above Windows live Helpline steps should help you retrieve your password and email for Xbox Live.